PRACTICE SPECIALIST THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
Macquarie Park, NSW
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
Our vision is "Strong Relationships, Strong Communities".
Our work directly enables people to make positive choices with regard to their relationships and life situations, to strengthen relationships within their families and communities, and to manage conflict and change. The core of our work centres on family relationships. This involves working with individual family members, couples and family groups. We provide services which respect difference and are socially inclusive, recognising that individuals’ backgrounds, values, family circumstances and connections are very diverse. These services draw on expertise in counselling, mediation and dispute resolution, relationship education, and information and referral. More broadly, RANSW works to strengthen community connections which sustain positive relationships. We also advance knowledge and professional practice through accredited education programs and research. Our endeavours are supported by strong collaboration within the national Relationships Australia network and with other partners.
What Guides Us
Relationship wellbeing is at the very heart of a cohesive and productive society. There are many factors in the environment that challenge that wellbeing, and great social and economic costs when relationships are put under pressure or break down. We believe that active relationship support is vital – both to foster healthy and resilient relationships and to offer support at critical stress points.
Our values guide how we engage with one another, with our communities and with our clients (they also form the foundation of our reward and recognition program).
About the Opportunity
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced individual to join us as the Practice Specialist Therapeutic Services. This role is part of the Practice, Quality and Innovation Division. Being part of the senior team, this position will manage, support & develop all child, couple, and family counselling programs across the state
Along with other practice leaders and practice specialists, you will be responsible for:
- leading the professional workforce within RANSW;
- ensuring that RANSW has a brand and reputation for excellence in the implementation, supervision and development of therapeutic services;
- closely aligning with the strategic forward focus of the organisation and developments in the community;
- ensuring quality and compliance in therapeutic and counselling services, and providing thought leadership to the organisation and external stakeholders;
- Focusing on development and innovation;
- Articulating theories of change on which service delivery is designed; ensuring that services are benchmarked against research evidence;
- Leading the transfer of research into practice and policy;
- Leading the professional development strategy;
- Ensuring policies and procedures reflect best practice and legislation;
- Working collaboratively with Managers to secure supervision resources to ensure excellent practice in their Centres;
- Providing expertise that assists with building skills, working with complex client circumstances, and actively supporting the supervision being provided within the Centre;
- Working will all other divisions collaboratively and collegially to ensure the success of RANSW.
This is a full time position and the annual base salary for this position is between $92,902 to $94,018 plus employers contribution to superannuation. This will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
For a copy of the position description, CLICK HERE
To know more about RANSW's Couple & Family Counselling framework CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Head Office, Macquarie Park with travel to regional centres
Sunday 08 April 2018 at 9.00pm sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Our peer nomination based Reward and Recognition program based on 'Living Our Values'
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- The technology to support you in your role.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
Relationships Australia NSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria. Australia's First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Social Science, Welfare or related discipline, ideally to post graduate level;
- Post graduate qualifications in therapeutic practice incorporating a range of modalities and interventions;
- Supervision qualification, with experience equivalent to 3-5 years;
- Extensive expertise across a range of client services, most particularly child, couple and family therapy;
- Experience in a broad range of practice theory, governance and practice models aligned with RANSW frameworks;
- A clear and current understanding of the professional and legal requirements relevant to the position;
- Demonstrated skill in identifying opportunities for improvement and innovation in the practice area;
- Proven ability to lead and influence staff and stakeholders, with confidence and inclusivity in the workplace;
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written including presentation skills;
- Ability to influence and advocate for clients and/or staff and with stakeholders in a professional manner;
- Planning, organisational and administrative skills, including computer skills;
- Self-management and commitment to learning and development.