INTAKE ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Western Sydney Family Referral Service
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
Our vision is "Strong Relationships, Strong Communities".
Our work directly enables people to make positive choices with regard to their relationships and life situations, to strengthen relationships within their families and communities, and to manage conflict and change. The core of our work centres on family relationships. This involves working with individual family members, couples and family groups. We provide services which respect difference and are socially inclusive, recognising that individuals’ backgrounds, values, family circumstances and connections are very diverse. These services draw on expertise in counselling, mediation and dispute resolution, relationship education, and information and referral. More broadly, RANSW works to strengthen community connections which sustain positive relationships. We also advance knowledge and professional practice through accredited education programs and research. Our endeavours are supported by strong collaboration within the national Relationships Australia network and with other partners.
What Guides Us
Relationship wellbeing is at the very heart of a cohesive and productive society. There are many factors in the environment that challenge that wellbeing, and great social and economic costs when relationships are put under pressure or break down. We believe that active relationship support is vital – both to foster healthy and resilient relationships and to offer support at critical stress points.
Our values guide how we engage with one another, with our communities and with our clients (they also form the foundation of our reward and recognition program).
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Intake Administration Officer to join the busy Western Sydney Family Referral Service based at Mt Druitt and Rouse Hill, providing services to 7 LGAs from Auburn to Katoomba.
The successful candidate will perform administrative tasks, reception duties and intake clients. Some of the core functions will include delivering quality customer service, providing effective administrative support, maintain data collection systems/records and contribute effectively at all levels of the organisational.
The Western Sydney Family Referral Service (WSFRS) is unique among the RANSW programs. Funded by the NSW Department of Health, the WSFRS is part of the Keep Them Safe initiative designed to support children, young people and their families linking them to support services across 8 local council areas in the Greater Metropolitan area of Sydney.
This is a fixed term, part time contract working 3 days per week until 28 June 2019 with a possibility of extension. The successful candidate will need to be available to work 7.5 hours a day, Monday to Wednesday between 8.30 am to 5.30 pm. The annual base salary for this position is between $29,170 - $34,907 (for 3 days per week), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading. This will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
For a copy of the position description, please CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Western Sydney Family Referral Service - Mount Druitt and Rouse hill
Sunday 27 May 2018 at 9.00pm sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Our peer nomination based Reward and Recognition program based on 'Living Our Values'
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- The technology to support you in your role.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
Relationships Australia NSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria. Australia's First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in administration roles that required autonomous and high level organisational support;
- Proven advanced computer technology skills (MS Office programs);
- Proven organisational, multitasking and prioritising skills with the ability to remain focused in a busy environment;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and professionalism;
- Please provide examples of your attention to detail;
- Please describe your experience in handling confidentiality and sensitive information;
- Ability to liaise with clients referring to the service with a range of presenting issues.