CASEWORKER - SAFER PATHWAY
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Caseworker to provide a client centered, integrated casework support services of high standard to clients within our Male Victims of Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Support Service. The service is funded by the NSW Justice Department, and is a telephone referral service that aims to assist with a range of supports and interventions for men who have experienced DFV. This is a phone based caseworker support role.
This role is part time, working 4 days per week, 1 year Fixed Term contract until 30 June 2021 with a possibility of further 18 month contract extension. The days and hours of duty are Tuesday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
The annual base salary range for this position is as given below:
$58,936 to $65,836 (for 4 days per week, this role)s
$73,671 to $82,329 (if this were a full time role)
The hourly rate range is $37.78 and $42.22
In addition to the base salary, there is the employers contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging.
Actual salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
For a copy of the position description, go to CLICK HERE
The essential and desirable criteria / experience for this role are below and your application must demonstrate competencies in them:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Welfare, Social Science, Psychology, Humanities or other relevant disciplines, or equivalent knowledge and experience working in these areas;
- Relevant clinical expertise and experience;
- Understanding of the issues and needs of men who have experienced DFV;
- Experience providing quality referral and assessment support to men who have experienced DFV;
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, identify short term needs to ensure client safety, implement safety action plan
- Experience of providing representation and advocacy in coordinating multi-service access;
- Ability to collaborate effectively and develop partnerships with key service providers within government and non-government organisations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal and written abilities;
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills including computer literacy, data entry and record keeping skills;
- Current class C NSW Driver's Licence and use of private vehicle.
- Experience with working with First Nations people and ability to ensure cultural safety
- Knowledge and understanding of community services especially those relating to family relationships.
- Previous work experience or knowledge of working in a community based or not-for-profit organisation
Where is the position located?
Wednesday, 03 June 2020 at 23:30 sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their wellbeing. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to our people:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- up to 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and on your Birthday.
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for practitioners.
- Comprehensive Wellness Strategy including a focus on reducing our organisational footprint on the environment, Fitness Passport, annual flu vaccinations and our Employee Assistance Program.
Potential candidates wanting more information on the service and role can contact Sharon Dale on mobile: 0435 760 635 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria.
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role.