Group Work Facilitator and Community Development
- Great opportunity to work with the community through groupwork and partnerships
- 3 days per week Fixed Term contract position
- Based in Blacktown
About the role
Reporting into the Team Leader Groupwork, this position works with clients to provide clinical services in a group setting. This will see you developing and delivering psycho-educational groups to a diverse range of individuals, couples and families. This role is also responsible for enhancing the profile of the centre/program and Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) through building relationships with other community services/key stakeholders and exploring partnership opportunities in the Blacktown and surrounding communities. This will lead to exploring collaborative partnership opportunities to broaden the scope of possible support to clients.
The annual salary for this part time role at 3 days per week is between $44,202 - $44,343 ($37.78 - $37.90/ hour)
In addition to the salary to the base salary, there is the employer’s contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging (a tax free exemption as a not for profit!)
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We're interested in hearing from people who possess a combination of the below
- Relevant qualifications in counselling, psychology, social work, health promotion, adult education, community welfare or similar field (minimum Diploma level) including group work training
- Relevant training and experience in facilitating parenting groups
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds (including Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) and in a range of settings
- Ability to promote the services of, and represent the Centre/Program and RANSW in a range of forums
- Excellent written/verbal skills and experience in delivering presentations
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of family and community relationships such as the impact of family separation, culture, migration etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid and current Working with Children Check Clearance & police check
- Current NSW Driver’s License and own comprehensively insured motor vehicle
The essential criteria / experience for this role can be found in the position description: CLICK HERE
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their wellbeing. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to our people:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- Up to 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and on your Birthday.
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for practitioners.
- Comprehensive Wellness Strategy including a focus on reducing our organisational footprint on the environment, Fitness Passport, annual flu vaccinations and our Employee Assistance Program.
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria. RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to Apply?
Submit your responses to the Essential Criteria at the following link: https://ransw1.applynow.net.au/jobs/RANSW511
Please note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it at a later point.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.