COUPLE & FAMILY COUNSELLOR
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Couple and Family Counsellor to provide quality couple and family therapy clinical work to clients consisting of - individuals, couples and families which may include children and groups at our Sydney City Centre. This position promotes services to clients and external customers of the organisation, works as part of a team and contributes to program/service development The primary tasks of the position are described in the job description.
It is expected that applicants for this position will have post-graduate qualifications and training in Relationship Counselling along with experience in working with complex, high needs couples and families. Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged clients and Aboriginal and Torres strait clients will be desirable. Eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body is also required.
This is a part time position working 3 days per week. Days of work are negotiable however, the successful candidate must be available to work on Wednesdays. It is desirable that the candidate is available to work Saturdays or alternate Saturdays but not essential.
This is a part time position working 3 days per week, days of work will be discussed with the successful candidate. The annual base salary for this position is between $41,405 to $46,248 (for 3 days per week), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
For a copy of the position description, CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Sydney City Centre, Sydney CBD.
Sunday 03 February 2019 at 9.00pm sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Our peer nomination based Reward and Recognition program based on 'Living Our Values'
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria.
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for First Nations people, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia's First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Degree qualified in Social Sciences or equivalent;
- Post Graduate qualification and training expertise in Relationship Counselling or equivalent with an understanding of the systemic approach with substantial experience;
- Minimum 100 hours of clinically supervised face to face counselling experience with couples and/or with families;
- Self-management and ability to work within the organisation’s ethical framework, policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team;
- Practice experience in the provision of supervision will be required;
- Efficient administrative skills including the use of information technology and data bases for communication. Evaluation and data collection;
- Demonstrated capacity to provide quality customer focused care.
- Previous experience in group work or training