TEAM LEADER, GROUP WORK
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Team Leader Group Work for the Relationship Education Programs at Illawarra Centre based in Wollongong.
The Illawarra Centre offers several groups focusing on family safety, men’s behavior change, parenting and communication. We have a busy schedule with the groups being run within the weeks of the school terms. We currently have some existing partnerships with other organisations and look to continue or expand in this area. The groups we run have both a psycho-educational and therapeutic component. The Team Leader role coordinates the program planning, partnerships, staffing, and supervision.
The role of the Team Leader is a senior role and forms part of the Leadership Group comprised of Centre Manager and other Team Leaders. The successful candidate will be a key support and advisor to the Centre Manager and is autonomous in effective application of centre policies with the relevant staff under supervision. The primary function of the role is to provide supervision, training and leadership to the Relationship Educators/ Group Workers, as well as providing direct service to clients as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have well developed clinical supervisory skills, experience in the role of a Group Worker / Relationship Educator (or a similar role), as well as flexibility, initiative, coordination and organisational skills. Some of your responsibilities will be as follows:
- To ensure quality services through support, supervision and leadership;
- Facilitating team functioning and performance;
- Program and cross-centre responsibilities as part of the local leadership group;
- Managing the organisational interface with clients and external customers;
- Provide effective case consultation and clinical supervision including critical incident de-briefs;
- Maintain client case load as per Centre requirements;
- Provide triage of complex case when escalated;
- Prepare reports and analysis as required;
- Work closely with the Centre manager to develop and improve staff practice;
- Ensure the Group Work Progtam remains relevant and well connected, with other services within and outside the organisation;
- Ensure safe work practices, monitor and report on all associated risks.
This is a 6 months fixed term contract position working 3 days per week. Preferred days of work are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday but negotiable and will be discussed with the successful candidate. The annual base salary for this position is between $51,268 to $53,862 (for 3 days per week), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
For a copy of the position description CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Illawarra Centre ( Wollongong)
Thursday 31 January 2019 at 11:30 PM sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Our peer nomination based Reward and Recognition program based on 'Living Our Values'
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria.
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for First Nations people, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia's First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
Your written application must demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in the human services area (eg social work, psychology), or other relevant qualifications and specific therapeutic group wort training;
- Five years experience as full time group worker or educator or 2,500 hours of supervised group work clinical practice;
- Five years’ experience in the area of Family Violence and a demonstrated understanding of Family Violence issues;
- Clinical Expertise in group work program areas;
- Demonstrated skills, experience and training as a clinical supervisor, giving and receiving live group work supervision;
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of working within a trauma informed framework;
- Community Development and Project Management Experience;
- Demonstrated competency in use of technology (including Microsoft office programs);
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality customer service to internal/external customers;
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal;
- Current Drivers licence
- Qualifications or demonstrated competencies in working with families and children
- Experience in delivering training to professional groups