FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PRACTITIONER
Northern Beaches Centre ( Dee Why)
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
About the Opportunity
We are seeking suitably qualified and experienced Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our existing team working within the Northern Beaches Centre at Dee Why. This position requires the practitioner to be registered on the Australian Government Attorney General’s Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975 (see Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008).
Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners provide a range of interventions to families that are experiencing conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding arrangements in relation to children or resolving issues related to finances and property settlement. Practice models used in the Centre include both Child Inclusive and Legally assisted FDR.
Family Relationship Centres are funded by the Commonwealth government to strengthen and assist families and provide support through family separation. Core services provided by the Centres include assessment, information provision, referral and Family Dispute Resolution (FDR).
This is a part time position working 4 days per week. Days of work will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. The annual base salary for this position is between $54,379 to $61,664 (for 4 days per week), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading. This will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
For a copy of the position description, please CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Northern Beaches Centre at Dee Why
Sunday 17 March 2019 at 9:00 PM sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Our peer nomination based Reward and Recognition program based on 'Living Our Values'
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria.
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to
apply for this role.
How To Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
Your written application must demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Registered on the Australian Government Attorney General’s Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975;
- A tertiary background in law, social sciences, social work or dispute resolution
- Demonstrated high level of skills in family dispute resolutions, including assessments and mediation interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a child focused approach;
- Knowledge of issues facing separating families;
- High level written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work as an effective team member;
- Proficiency in using data management system, Microsoft Office packages, and video conferencing.
- Experience in FDR with child inclusive approach;
- Clinical experience working with parents and children;
- Knowledge of child development;
- Knowledge of mental health issues;
- Experience in workplace mediation and group facilitation;
- Experience in property mediation;
- Experience with clients from Culturally and Linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds;
- Fluency in community language other than English