COUPLE & FAMILY COUNSELLOR
Hunter Centre ( Broadmeadow)
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Couple and Family Counsellor to provide quality couple and family therapy clinical work to clients consisting of - individuals, couples and families which may include children at our Hunter Centre based at Broadmeadow. This position promotes services to clients and external customers of the organisation, works as part of a team and contributes to program/service development. The primary tasks of the position are described in the job description.
It is expected that applicants for this position will have post-graduate qualifications and training in Relationship Counselling along with experience in working with complex, high needs couples and families. Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged clients and Aboriginal and Torres strait clients will be desirable. Eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body is also required.
This is a part time position working 3 days per week, days of work are flexible and will be discussed with the successful candidate. Some after hours and weekend work is a requirement for this position.
The annual base salary for this positions is between $40,784 to $45,762 (for 3 days per week) plus employee's contribution to superannuation and leave loading. This will be negotiated with the successful candidates being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
For a copy of the position description, please CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Hunter Centre - based at Broadmeadow
Sunday 24 March 2019 at 9.00pm (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Participation in our Reward and Recognition program.
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria.
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to
apply for this role.
How to Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Degree qualified in Social Sciences or equivalent;
- Post Graduate qualification and training in Relationship Counselling or equivalent with an understanding of the systemic approach;
- Minimum 100 hours of clinically supervised face to face counselling experience with couples and/or with families;
- Self-management and ability to work within the organisation’s ethical framework, policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team;
- Efficient administrative skills including the use of information technology and data bases for communication, evaluation and data collection;
- Demonstrated capacity to provide quality customer focused care.
- Previous experience in group work or training.