About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Family Advisor to join the Blacktown Centre
The role of a Family Advisor is to provides intake, assessment and ongoing management of cases where clients are accessing or using the services of the Centre or related services. Family Advisor will be working with parents in the area of post separation services. They provide information about the Centre, including access to program/service/centres, eligibility criteria, capacity, waiting periods and relevant fee structures along with assisting client’s families to identify their support needs and the relevance of the centre’s program/services.
Family Advisors also participate in other service provision within the service as required, including the facilitation of educational groups and seminars.
You can expect to join a tight-knit dedicated team of Family Advisors who deliver quality services to families with complex needs and separated families.
This is a part time position working 3 days per week. Days of work are flexible and this will be discussed during the recruitment process. Some after hours work will be required for this position.
The annual base salary range for this position is as given below:
$71,893 to $72,335 (if this were a full time role)
$43,136 to $43,401 ( for 3 days er week, this role)
The hourly rate range is $36.86 and $37.09
In addition to the base salary, there is the employers contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging.
Actual salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications.
For a copy of the position description, CLICK HERE
Who we are looking for?
The essential and desirable criteria / experience for this role are below. Your application must demonstrate competencies in them:
- A degree or diploma in social work, counselling, psychology, welfare, or health related services;
- Demonstrable skills in client assessment, engagement, and awareness of issues relating to client safety, confidentiality, and the requirements of relevant legislation (Care and Protection of Children Act, Family Law Act, and Privacy Act).
- Understanding of domestic violence and child protection;
- Understanding of families and children - A broad understanding of children’s development, the needs and issues faced by children, and their families, who face crises, domestic violence, child protection matters, family separation and/or other family disruptions, as well as ways to assist clients to address these issues;
- Proficiency in the use of IT for data entry, record keeping, and communication;
There are also four ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee at RANSW:
1. A passion for our mission, our values and for the work we do together
2. The dedication, flexibility and creativity to always put the client first
3. The resilience and agility to adapt to change
4. A can-do, results-driven attitude – being motivated to hit targets in an environment where we measure our impact to ensure we deliver and grow
Where is the position located?
Australia’s First Peoples
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. This is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role. RANSW's RAP can be found at http://www.relationshipsnsw.org.au/about-us/stretch-reconciliation-action-plan/
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. In the interests of gender diversity, we encourage men to apply.
Why work with us?
1… Help people who need you most, when they need you most: End every day knowing you’ve made a real difference
2… Be part of something bigger: Last year alone, our people delivered over 56,000 client sessions across New South Wales.
3… Support and be supported: Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve together and how you grow as a team.
4... Never be bored: new day, new challenge: Enjoy diverse, interesting work that will challenge and reward you professionally and personally
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their wellbeing. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to our people:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- up to 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and on your Birthday.
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for practitioners.
- Comprehensive Wellness Strategy including a focus on reducing our organisational footprint on the environment, Fitness Passport, annual flu vaccinations and our Employee Assistance Program.
How To Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.