Clinical Leader Counselling Team
Macquarie Park, NSW
About Relationships Australia NSW
RANSW provides relationship support services for individuals, couples, families and communities. We are a not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations. Our goal is to promote relationships that are safe, healthy and resilient.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Clinical Leader in our Counselling Team to lead a team of practitioners in our Northern Sydney Centre based in Macquarie Park.
Several services operate out of the Northern Sydney Centres, including Counselling for individuals, couples and families, Relationship and Parenting Skills Education and the Children's Contact Service (CCS).
To be successful in this role, you will have well developed practice and clinical supervisory skills, as well as flexibility, initiative, coordination and organisational skills. You will be a key support to the Centre Manager by leading the Counselling team, providing clinical supervision and managing day to day matters within the team. You will also maintain your clinical expertise, providing direct service where required. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring high quality services are provided to clients through support and leadership for the team;
- Collaborating with colleagues as part of the local leadership group;
- Providing effective case consultation and clinical supervision including critical incident de-briefing and triage of complex case when escalated;
- Preparation of reports and analysis as required;
- Working closely with stakeholders to develop and improve staff practice;
- Ensuring the Counselling program at Macquarie Park Centre remains relevant and well connected, with other services within and outside the organisation
This is a full time position with days and hours to be negotiated, may include some after hours work. The annual base salary for this position is between $88,691 to $90,909 (hourly rate is $45.48 to $46.62). The actual salary will be dependent on experience, training and qualifications. In addition to the base salary, there is the employers contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, annual leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging.
The selection criteria for this role are below and your application must demonstrate competencies in them:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in the human services area (e.g. social work, psychology), or other relevant qualifications;
- Qualification/s or demonstrated competencies in supervision, couple or family therapy, counselling, group work, psychotherapy, case management;
- Five years’ experience as a child and family counsellor, couple or family therapist or 2500 hours of supervised clinical practice in counselling;
- Demonstrated skills, experience and training as a clinical supervisor, giving and receiving live group work supervision;
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of working within a trauma informed framework;
- Confidence (and competence) using technology (databases, Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality customer service to internal/external customers;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Qualifications or demonstrated competencies in working with families and children;
- Experience in delivering training to professional groups
For a copy of the position description, go to CLICK HERE
There are also four ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee at RANSW:
1. A passion for our mission, our values and for the work we do together
2. The dedication, flexibility and creativity to always put the client first
3. The resilience and agility to adapt to change
4. A can-do, results-driven attitude – being motivated to hit targets in an environment where we measure our impact to ensure we deliver and grow
What benefits are on offer?
We are pleased to offer a range of benefits designed to assist personal and career growth and improve the wellbeing of our people:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional tax benefits.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items.
- Up to 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and on your Birthday.
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for practitioners.
- Comprehensive Wellness Strategy including a focus on reducing our organisational footprint on the environment, Fitness Passport, annual flu vaccinations and our Employee Assistance Program.
Australia’s First Peoples
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. This is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role. RANSW's RAP can be found at http://www.relationshipsnsw.org.au/about-us/stretch-reconciliation-action-plan/
Diversity and Inclusion statement
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. In the interests of gender diversity, we encourage men to apply.
How To Apply?
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.